Thursday, July 14, 2011

Looking for a Paintbrush, Losing a Husband

After breakfast I had decided we should start with Tom Sawyer Island. I had heard that cast members hid between 5 and 15 paintbrushes on the island in homage to Tom having to whitewash the fence. If you are lucky enough to find one of these brushes and turn it in you get a Fastpass for your group for Big Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain.
We took the short ferry ride across and then without a plan Jim and I went in different directions.I followed the trail but looked under and over everything I could. I seemed to be going in circles and I wasn't really sure what I was looking for until I came across someone else who had one.
The holy grail


By the time I knew what I was looking for I tried to call Jim but his phone went right to voice mail. I was hot and sick of looking. I just needed to find Jim. No easy feat on this island. I really began to worry a little bit that I had misplaced him. I tried to say in one area but it took him forever to stop looking. He had been determined to find one. That's kind of funny since neither of us would have gone on either of the rides that were the prize! (Although Splash Mountain looked tempting, my neck just wasn't up for that kind of pounding.) 

We will be back to try the paintbrushes again in the future. If you haven't tried this before, I highly recommend it right when Tom Sawyer Island opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment